A bombero band. Archive photo by Eric Jackson.
To catch the bands this year
The marching band shows will be in four places around the country:
- Estadio Rommel Fernandez in Panama City on November 3, 4 and 5
- Estadio San Cristobal in David on November 3
- Estadio Calvin Byron in Changuinola on November 3 and 4
- Estadio Omar Torrijos in Santiago on November 3
- November 5, Colon Day, is the anniversary of the 1903 surrender of the Colombian garrison but this year there will be no official celebration of it in Colon.
Some of the rules:
- You must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination to get in
- Children 12 and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian
- These events are free, but there are a limited number of tickets – only 20,00 allowed at the Rommel
- Unless you are the government or state-approved press, you can’t operate a drone at any of the events
A bigger flag on a taller pole was installed atop Ancon Hill in time for the holidays. Ministry of Economy and Finance photo.
Contact us by email at email@example.com
To fend off hackers, organized trolls and other online vandalism, our website comments feature is switched off. Instead, come to our Facebook page to join in the discussion.
These links are interactive — click on the boxes