Democrats Abroad – Panama board of directors meeting
Saturday, August 13 from 1-2 p.m. — socializing afterward
at the Balboa Yacht Club on the Amador Causeway
Our board meetings are open and this one is an important opportunity for rank-and-file Democrats who want to get involved in this year’s general election campaign
(board members can add new business, but we do have a full plate)
1. Our next member sendout for voter registration.
2. Weekly press releases (bilingual)
3. Setting up committees
4. Contact list for visits to schools and debates
5. Outreach to local NGos for voter registration
6. Polo shirts, buttons, etc.
7. Meet with US Ambassador to coordinate our voter registration and support their outreach.
Reminder: Americans vote from abroad by absentee ballot, generally in the place where they last resided in the USA. Each state has different election laws. Some states are still having primaries but getting into September the state deadlines to register to vote and order your ballot start coming up. Federal law now requires voters living abroad to re-register to vote every election year. To look up the deadlines in the state where you vote, click here.
~ ~ ~
These announcements are interactive. Click on them for more information.